вторник, ноября 15, 2005

Postal problems

Well, I guess so far no one wants anything from Russia except vodka :)

This weekend we went to Samara for a little shopping/city post office errand. The post office experience was one that I would rather not remember for a little while longer. I need to give it some time to become funny. But the basic elements were 2 hours in line, a postal worker having a bad day and taking it out on an innocent american, and some unplanned for extra weight in my luggage on the way home.
Sunday I went to church in Samara again. It was great except for I was getting sick with a flu and had to leave early. Oh and I had to step in and translate for some senior missionaries during one of the talks. Never too sick to serve.
Yesterday, we were supposed to get a ride in our office’s car to Samara to visit the district AIDS clinic and PSI. But it didn’t work out and we are going there today instead. We should actually make it there today as we will be using the public transportation system.
So we ended up having a round table/planning meeting yesterday during which we examined our accomplishments during our time here. I think we did pretty well. Inspite of how much time we seemed to be wasting, we really got a lot done.
I presented our plan for the “Awareness Run” which we are planning request grant money for. The directors really liked the idea! Hopefully, if we get funding I will be back here for a month next summer to get it rolling. Looking forward to that.

3 Comments:

At 6:58 PM, Blogger Supercords said...

Ok, I've done some thinking, and you can bring me back a Russian bride.

 
At 12:05 AM, Anonymous Анонимный said...

Amos,
Goomie would like a fuzzy hat if they are not too expensive. Don't worry about the Vodka! Unless you can get a tiny little bottle. I am just curious to see if it is really better than ours. XX AJ

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Amy said...

Shane- Just the first Russian bride I find or would you like to give me a little more details ;)

AJ, I know Goomie wants a fur hat, will try to find one. They are pretty expensive, that's all. A lot more expensive than the vodka, which is dirt cheap! I've heard it tastes better too, will try to find a small bottle for you.

 

Отправить комментарий

<< Home