среда, ноября 09, 2005

Funny and Appropriate

Congratulations to Sara and Mike!!!!!!!! I am now an aunt. From what Goomie said, they had a boy, David Michael, at around 6pm and he was 9lbs 1 ounce. Yup, the big baby gene is definately still in the family.
Can anyone tell me some more details??? How was the delivery? Did she have to be induced? How is she feeling?

This is a funny story that Aunt Jill forwarded to me. I think it’s really appropriate for my work. :) I have not been doing anything exciting...Just never ending drug user statistics.

Prevent The Spread Of Disease

Miss Beatrice, the church organist, was in her eighties and
had never been married.
She was much admired for her sweetness and kindness to all.
One afternoon the pastor came to call on her and she showed
him into her quaint sitting room.
She invited him to have a seat while she prepared tea.

As he sat facing her old pump organ, the young minister noticed
a cut-glass bowl sitting on top of it, filled with water.
In the water floated, of all things, a condom!

When she returned with tea and scones, they began to chat.
The pastor tried to stifle his curiosity about the bowl of water
and its strange floater, but soon it got the better of him and
he could no longer resist.

"Miss Beatrice," he said, "I wonder if you would tell me about this?"
pointing to the bowl.

"Oh, yes," she replied, "isn't it wonderful? I was walking through
the park a few months ago and I found this little package on the ground.
The directions said to place it on the organ, keep it wet and it
would prevent the spread of disease.
And you know, I haven't had a cold all winter."

4 Comments:

At 11:04 PM, Anonymous Анонимный said...

Amos,
I am glad you liked the little funny. I thought it was appropriate, too! Sara was induced at 0800 yesterday so she had a long day. Your mom says the baby has a big round face and blue eyes. What a surprise! Congratulations on your new Aunt status. I've always loved being your aunt! AJ

 
At 12:15 AM, Anonymous Анонимный said...

Amos,
I just called Sara to get an update. David is 20.5 inches long and is nursing nicely. Sara had to have an episiotomy (sp?) so has stiches which hurt but is doing fine otherwise. She is tired but happy. Sue wanted to be there for the big day but had exams this week so will not go down until Thanksgiving? Will Lincoln be in town or is he going back to Utah for the holiday? Maybe we'll get Goomie to come down and Jo and I will go up for a big family get together. Wish you could be here! Miss you. AJ

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Awwh! Thank you so much Aunt Jill! I appreciate all of your updates.

I wish that I could see y'all at thanksgiving! Linx will be in Utah for the holiday. I think I'll be somewhere between St Petersburg and Warsaw that day. :)

 
At 9:31 PM, Anonymous Анонимный said...

Amos,
Goomie will be in Charlotte from 12/15 until 12/26. She mentioned that you and Linx were thinking about coming down. I would LOVE that!! We have good weather, a nice guest room, big hugs, American food and a little dog to play with. Congratulations on the "A". No big surprise. Enjoy your final week. Love AJ

 

Отправить комментарий

<< Home