суббота, ноября 19, 2005

Back in Moscow

So I've said goodbye to all my friends in Chapaevsk. I was surprised that I managed to get so attached after only being there for 2 months. I was teaching my host sister how to swim. She cried while I was packing and when I said goodbye to her. Too bad that her and her older sister don't get along too well.
We finished up most of our projects for Chapaevsk and I think that they will finish with the Narcotics users questionnaire analyses by December because they actually need them for another project. :) On our last day they gave us lots of presents, as is typical of Russians. :) Between the presents they gave me and the presents I bought for everyone else, I've had to buy and extra little bag to carry along with my big back pack. So much for "traveling light"!
Our hotel in Moscow is pretty nice. Will get used to being spoiled american gradually this trip as I go west from Russia through Eastern Europe to France and then back home.
Hope everyone wanted something from Russia for Christmas because that's what your all getting!!!! I
In response to Shane's comment: I think that I will keep using this webpage for awhile even after I get home. I am hoping to be back in Russia for the follow-up grant project in Chapaevsk over the Summer,,,if I get the grant of course. No time to write more details. Just, I'm so happy I came!!Grateful that I was able to contribute some useful work in Chapaevsk, and of course, as stressed out about the next projects in my "to do" pile as ever :) Life is good. I love being busy.