суббота, сентября 24, 2005

Funny Things

I keep forgetting to write about the funny little happenings here... They make a blog more interesting to read I think. So here are a few things:
1. I forgot that the heat does not get turned on in Russia until October 15 th or so. My bedroom in the dormitory is freezing at night! My travel alarm clock says that it is 65 F, but I think it feels colder than that. I am so glad that I brought my sleeping bag liner!
2. Yesterday night when I was walking back to a metro stop from Red Square I was going around some cars and I hit my head on a metal billboard! Now I have a nice little goose egg plus scab.
3. This actually a bit scary- Also as we were walking home from the metro (it was close to midnight) we passed these two guys drinking beer in a parked car. We started to walk a little faster. Then about 5 minutes later they drove up and parked near where we were walking. We just kep walking and I got out my key chain alarm. Nothing happened of course. I think they were just checking us out.
4. One of our speakers, a representative from the state dept. also served in some parts of my mission in the early 1990s. Small world... or it could also be said missions are doors to other opportunities.
5. I don't know if anyone remembers form my mission, but there is only one main color of TP in Russia - Pink!! I have recently seen some with just the color of recycled paper... But that was a first.
6. Every time I go in or out of the dorm bldg I have to show a permission card and then get beeped through a turnstyle. Sort of like the metro. There is always a gueard on duty. At least it makes me feel safe.

3 Comments:

At 7:35 PM, Anonymous Анонимный said...

Surgical pins
I took a picture of it with my camera phone - This is cool. There are 4 pins that are inserted into my left arm.
If you are tired of paying to much for pet medication Sentinel. Then you should really visit this page. www.petscriptions.com

 
At 4:46 AM, Blogger hollibobolli said...

I want pink toilet paper!!! It would match my entire apartment!!

That is just an odd cultural difference though - but how cute.

I am assuming that's what TP stands for?

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger Supercords said...

Ah, you got spammed. Might have to turn on that spam blocker like I did.

I can't wait till it gets colder and I can sleep in a 65 degree room. Lucky girl.

Shane

 

Отправить комментарий

<< Home