четверг, сентября 22, 2005

Moscow

I am here. I need to write first about yesterday at the Russian Embassy dinner though. I was talking with one of the Russian girls and she all of the sudden said that she wasn't feeling well. I put my arm around her so that I could help her out to the couches. She started to sway and the color drained out of her face. Then she fainted and I had to catch her! It was pretty scary. The embassy has their own doctor I guess so they sent for him and of course by the time he got there some people had already carried her out to the couch and she was feeling a little bit better.
The flight was okay. I hate not having a window seat. My neck is little kinked and I am still a bit groggy from the time change, but I am here :)
My first impression is that of familiarity. I feel pretty comfortable with my surroundings and the language. It has brought back some memories and a lot of feelings from my mission. The main one being that I love Russians. Their country (urban areas) is pretty grey and dirty, but they are so welcoming and friendly.
We just had lunch at the cafeteria. I had Borsh, peroshki, and crab salad. Not as good as some babushki made for me before, but tasty for a cafeteria style lunch. I forgot how much I love their black bread too.
We are staying in the dorms here at the humanitarian university and will be here until Monday morning.

1 Comments:

At 7:43 PM, Blogger Supercords said...

What's supposed to happen next is the girl you saved introduces you to her wealthy father, who offers you a position in his company making hundreds of thousands of dollars. Then you hire me for a mere two hundred thousand a year.

Shane

 

Отправить комментарий

<< Home