понедельник, октября 17, 2005

Weekend

This weekend was my host mom, Lydia’s birthday. I bought her some flowers. Actually, Saturday morning I waited to see what kinds of things that her family gave her to make sure that I didn’t buy something that would out do them. They gave her a little cactus and a really ugly little statue. Needless to say, I had a hard time trying to figure out what I should get for her.
We went to the indoor reenok in Samara on Saturday to buy some new boots for my host mom. ( I was glad to see that the ugly statue and plant were not all that she was getting). I bought I warm colorful sweater (Shane, you were right- I am sick of black and white), a colorful scarf, and a nice red hat. :)
I found this great Russian antique store where I bought a bunch of stuff for my brother, some Russian army medals and a cool old furry soviet hat.
Today is the first day of the muddy season. It’s wet, but warm… So far so good. All the Russians keep telling us how lucky we are that it has stayed warm this long. I am really enjoying the weather. I keep anticipating the cold and am relieved every morning when I walk out the door.

3 Comments:

At 5:08 AM, Blogger hollibobolli said...

That was really thoughtful of you to wait and see what everyone else was getting her first..

It would be really cool to see what you could get in antique stores over there!!

 
At 10:17 PM, Blogger Supercords said...

Looking forward to the pictures of you wearing color. Hooray.

Shane

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Я ТОЖЕ!! Me too. (looking forward to more color).

There are very few antique stores here. Mostly, for tourists, just military stuff and jewelry. But this one that I found was pretty big and had a lot of expensive antiques (glass, porcelain sp?, and silver dishes) besides the tourist stuff.

 

Отправить комментарий

<< Home